Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Jeremy the Vampire Slayer



Jules, one of the members on Goodreads, asked the boys if they would sit down and discuss season 4 of The Vampire Diaries. Quentin, Jason, and Jake were all too happy to oblige.

Quentin Walsh: Shout out to Jules!

Jason Walsh: We love this idea. Thanks for the request, Jules.

Quentin: Let’s jump right into it, shall we? Why did Klaus kill the hybrids?

Jake McAlister: It was so confusing.

Jason: There must be a scene missing.


Jake: It’s probably on the cutting room floor.

Jason: I think we’re supposed to assume that Tyler’s wolf chick went and told Klaus they were all going to betray him. That’s why he slaughtered them.

Jake: Did he know he was completing a sacrifice for the professor dude?

Quentin: What sacrifice? Did we ever find out what he’s up to?

Jason: No. I think that’s still coming in the second half of the season.

Quentin: Is Tyler the twelfth? Does he have to die to complete the sacrifice?

Jason: I think so.

Quentin: Terrific. I feel like they really dropped the ball on his character. Fans were so in love with him after season 2. I think they wrote him out for a while because they were afraid he and Caroline would overshadow Elena. Jesus, what is it about that chick? I mean, okay, she’s hot. But she ain’t that hot.

Jason: It’s all gotten to be too much. The mythology is totally convoluted. A tattoo with a map, a sword, a cure, a sacrifice, a goblet of fire. Oh, sorry. Wrong franchise. Quentin, you’re the one who got us all hooked on this show. Give us some background.

Quentin: I wanted to check it out because of Ian Somerhalder. I had just finished watching Lost and thought Boone got killed off way too early. We were looking for something to watch over Labor Day weekend, that summer Travis was in Alaska. So we marathoned twenty-two episodes in three days.

Jason: That was a great three days. We love a story about brothers.

Jake: Team Stefan or Team Damon?

Quentin: I have always been Team Damon. Always.

Jake: That’s a shocker.

Jason: Really. He’s like your role model, isn’t he?

Quentin: Whenever I’m in a bind, I always ask myself, “What would Damon do?”

Jake: You need therapy.

Quentin: I cannot argue with that. Anyway, I think we’d all agree that the first two seasons KICKED ASS.

Jake: Unbelievable. The second season was almost perfect. The amount of story they tore through made my head spin. Caroline turns, then the whole thing with Elena and Katherine and the doppelganger.

Jason: Remember the moonstone?

Quentin: Remember Alaric?

Jake: Oh, yeah. Damon and Alaric. Good times.

Jason:  And then Tyler became a werewolf.

Jake: Fucking awesome. Then we finally got to meet Klaus and the Originals.

Quentin: I miss Elijah.

Jake: He was so bad ass.


Jason: But then things slowed down in season 3. It was bound to happen. They couldn’t keep up that pace.

Quentin: Every time Stefan walks into a room, I want to put my head in the freezer.

Jake: I feel a rant coming on.

Quentin: He’s the most boring character on TV. Just when I thought Damon would finally get the girl, they trot out the sire bond and ruin everything. Even though Tyler told her it doesn't change the way you feel about someone. I felt cheated.

Jason: Relax, Q. They’re going to get together at the end of the season.

Quentin: You think so?

Jason: Trust me. Her love for him is going to be stronger than his orders to stay away. He let her go, so when she comes back, it will be of her own free will. That’s what true love is all about. Travis said the end of this season will be just like Pacey and Joey on the sailboat. Whatever that means.

Jake: Can we talk about Jeremy?

Quentin: Ridiculous.

Jason and Jake: Excuse me?

Quentin: The only reason you two like that storyline is because he looks good in a wife beater.

Jason: That is so not true.

Jake: Come on, Jason. We have to admit, for gay boys like us, this show is non-stop eye candy.

Jason: Okay, maybe a little. I would like to see a spin-off.

Jake: Jeremy the Vampire Slayer.


Jason: With Matt as his love interest. Can you imagine the two of them in bed?

Jake: Hey, did you forget I’m your boyfriend?

Jason: Come on. You know you’re my one and only. Besides, you started it with the eye candy comment.

Jake: Did you see the way Ben sat up when Jeremy was chopping wood?

Jason: Yes. And did you see the way Travis was not too happy about that?

Quentin: Okay, stop it. Enough with the homoerotic creepiness over there. The whole storyline is stupid. He’s never going to kill Elena or the Salvatore brothers. The writers are just spinning their wheels.

Jason: I about flipped when I realized they were still in high school. Did they ever go to school in season 3?

Jake: Season 3 is a blur.

Jason: I don’t remember anything about it.

Quentin: Stefan goes bad.

Jake: Oh, right. The Ripper. God, that was forgettable.

Quentin: See? He’s boring even when he’s bad.

Jason: Can the show still redeem itself?

Quentin: Sure. It’s clearly past its prime. I doubt they will ever top season 2. But I wish they had committed to Elena as a vampire and not introduced the cure. If you’re right, and we’re heading toward a Damon/Elena finale in the spring, then I’m down for that. Otherwise, if they don’t have the balls to go there, I may be out next year.

Jake: I think the writers know it’s the only place to go at this point.

Quentin: Let’s hope so. Well, we know we haven’t covered everything, but Brad said we needed to keep it under 1000 words this time. I guess we got a little verbose with Tarantino.

Jake: “Too many notes.”

Jason: “Just cut a few and it’ll be perfect.”

Jake: I love a boy who can quote Amadeus back to me.

Quentin: If you have any questions, Jules, leave us a comment and we’ll get back at you. As you can see, there is no shortage of opinions at the Walsh house.

Tune in for a brand new episode of The Vampire Diaries, Thursday, January 17 on The CW.

No comments:

Post a Comment